We are aware of no other photographer on earth that is as well represented on museum and gallery walls this summer as Fred W. McDarrah.
Iconic photos are on display at an incredible ten different locations. Plus inclusion in an upcoming show at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. And many more on the calendar.
And photos from the archive continue to appear *daily* in the usual assortment of national magazines, books, auction catalogues, Presidential announceme...nt videos, New York City Parks dept. signs, textbooks, films, TV news broadcasts, posters, banners, CD and DVD covers, public and private collections, and newspapers.
Plus the photos are the basis for walking tours!
1) Ed Ruscha: Ribbon Words
Edward Tyler Nahem Fine Art
37 W. 57th St.
New York, NY 10019
2) Inaugural Season
Dedicated to Hilton Als
The Artist’s Institute
132 E. 65th St.
New York, NY 10065
3) The 1970s: The Blossoming of a Queer Enlightenment
Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art
26 Wooster St.
New York, NY 10013
4) Fred W. McDarrah 42 Photos
The Grape & Vine at The Walker
52 W. 13th St.
New York, NY 10011
5) Activist New York
Museum of the City of New York
1220 Fifth Ave.
New York, NY 10029
6) Pop Art Fabrics & Fashion | from Warhol to Westwood
Goirkestraat 96, 5046 GN
7) The Beat Generation
Le Centre National D’art et de Culture Georges Pompidou
Rue Beauborg, Place Georges-Pompidou
75004 Paris, France
8) The Velvet Underground: A New York Extravaganza with 92 McDarrah images on view
Philharmonie de Paris
221 Avenue Jean-Jaurès
75019 Paris, FRANCE
9) Role Play Across Art and Fashion
Museo Salvatore Ferragamo
Palazzo Spini Feroni
Piazza Santa Trinita 5/R, 50123 Florence
10) SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT! Photographs of the 1960s and 1970s from the Nicola Erni Collection of vintage prints by Fred W. McDarrah and others (Diane Arbus, Richard Avedon, Robert Mapplethorpe, Irving Penn, Helmut Newton, Ron Gallela, David Bailey and Bert Stern) of Art, Music, Fashion and FIlm in Paris, London and New York.
St.-Jakobs-Platz 1 80331 MUNCHEN